Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflections


In the beginning of the semester I was somewhat intimidated. After the instructor read his outline and gave his introduction I knew I was going to dropped this class.Then I decided to stick it out. I’m a firm believer in working hard and being rewarded for that hard work. The reward I received, during this semester, was the insightful knowledge and tools I needed to become a better writer. I have the upmost respect for Paul. He displayed a great deal of passion for teaching English. I enjoyed the relaxed learning environment he provided. I found a lot of my fellow pupils to be bright, engaging and full of life. I enjoyed their conversations even the ones that had nothing to do with the lessons. I’m going to miss debating with Adam D. I should have warned him that I love to argue and must have the last word at all times. Oh well, he found out the hard way (: I wonder how Ryan is doing. Has anyone heard from him? Best wishes to Danielle, she was thrown a lemon in life a while back now she’s making lemonade. Good luck to Nick and his wife on the anticipated arrival of their bundle of joy. After taking this class I know have the confidence to write a paper for any class. What I’ve learned will be useful throughout my time in college and in the workforce. Most employers nowadays require knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum in order to qualify for employment. This class along with my Public Speaking class has provided a foundation for me to build on in my quest to be an educator. I loved the fact I had to update my software at home. The newer version is user friendly and does most of the work. Prior to this class I found PowerPoint confusing and above my understanding. I use to work with people who kept knowledge of things to themselves. Now that I learned how to use it properly I feel like a pro and ready to show others how it works. Another reason I enjoyed this class and some of the assignments is because I shared my essays with my family. My older sister loved my rhetorical essay. I must admit it was one of my favorite assignments. Once I got started on that essay I couldn’t stop writing. I had to revise it quite a few times because of the word count limit. My most difficult paper was the annotated bibliography. It required more time than I anticipated. After I was done with that paper I had to take a week off from writing. It was pretty intense for me. It through me off balance a little. The hard work paid off. It made writing my argument paper a lot easier. I felt so relieved after presenting my argument and loved the grade I received. I was pleasantly surprised. I will be the first to admit this class wasn’t easy. So I want to congratulate everyone for not giving up and passing the class. We’ve learned a lot this semester. You will use what you learned in class in some area of your life. So don’t throw anything away. In closing I will confess I wasn’t too happy about creating this blog. I would have loved a classroom session on the subject. Sitting in another classroom with other students I didn’t know was not an appealing option. I apologize in advance for my less than stellar blog. This was my first time attempting to blog.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what's less than stellar about it.

    Sorry we could not work on the blog in class, but if there was better plumbing school would not have closed just before our class meeting. Unfortunately, this, and the snow day ate up the class time set aside for this assignment, but every has come out on top in the end.

    I'm glad sharing your writing with your family was rewarding. I hope you'll continue to write outside of school, for them, but most importantly for you.

    ReplyDelete